Monday, January 9, 2017

The Candy Man Can

One of my first odd experiences since I became vegan was standing in front of a vending machine - with a craving for something sweet - and realizing that I had no idea if I could eat any of the candy!  I seriously had no clue.

I knew that chocolate was probably out of the questions and, with few exceptions, that is correct.  I still wasn't sure about anything else. I figured a lot of it would be alright but...there is gelatin in some candy and possibly other ingredients I'm not thinking of.

So, I set out to find out which candy I can have.  This list is certainly not a complete list but it is what I have found so far.



This should give you an idea of what candies you can eat as a vegan. Many hard candies and lollipops are also vegan, but you have to read the ingredients to be sure. 

What is your favorite candy?  Is it vegan?

-----------
Image By Boris Dzhingarov [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment