Friday, December 16, 2016

Eating Vegan at Taco Bell!


Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme and Taco Sauce 2014-03-19 1395235659

A vegan friend mentioned that he visits the Taco Bell near his workplace often and I had to ask what he could possibly order there that is vegan.  After all, most items on their menu contain meat and/or cheese, sour cream, etc.  He let me in on the secret: You just have to know what to order and clarify what you DON'T want in your food.

I had no idea that Taco Bell was so accommodating!

You can order the Crunchwrap, for example, but ask for black beans instead of beef and tell them to make fresco-style.  They'll remove the dairy and replace it with salsa.

In fact, most everything can be made fresco style AND you can add or subtract ingredients.  Now, there might be a minor charge for a substitution or additon but I think it is well worth it!

Here are some other ideas:

The Double-decker taco can be veganized by asking that they replace the beef with beans and replace the cheese with guacomole!

The 7-layer Burrito can be made "fresco" - they'll remove the cheese, sour cream and guacomole and add pico de gallo.  You can even add other ingredients, if you want.  (I'd add some onions, myself)

The black beans and rice are already vegan as are the cinnamon twists so you can have dessert, as well.

I never would have dreamed that I could find so many vegan options at a fast food restaurant!  I don't eat fast food often, but it's nice to know that I have choices at Taco Bell.

What's your favorite menu item at Taco Bell?
---------

Image By Tony Webster (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0], via Wikimedia Commons

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment