Sunday, December 18, 2016

Vegan Ginger Cookies - They're Gluten free, too!

I love the idea of a cookie that vegans AND those with celiac disease can all enjoy!  It's a win-win situation - or win-win-win if you include people with no limitations.

I came across the Minimalist Baker on Bloglovin'.  What's Bloglovin', you ask?  Well, let me explain. I used to follow quite a few blogs and used Google Reader to keep track of them.  When Google Reader went away *pauses to shake her fist at the powers that be* I tried to keep up with them but. frankly, I just haven't had much luck.

Then I came across Bloglovin'.  It is similar to Reader in that you can add blogs not already on the platform and "follow" them and blogs already there.  I'm not sure how, exactly, it works as it's new to me. It says it uses the RSS feed.  Anyway, you have a news feed that shows you the most recent updates of the blogs you follow.

I'm trying it out - and I've "claimed" this blog and Promises of The Donald on there.  If you want to try it, click the button at the bottom of this post or the one to the right in the panel.


But back to the cookies.  I did a search for "vegan" on Bloglovin' and The Minimalist Baker popped up.  I really enjoy ginger cookies so I thought I would try these! I like that it's a simple recipe - with ingredients I already have. I used all-purpose flour instead of the almond and gluten-free flours but you can follow the recipe if you are baking for someone with celiac disease.

I like how she says the glaze is optional.  Not in my house it isn't...

As you can see from my picture, I am not very good at drizzling a glaze but I figure the taste is more important than the appearance.

I'm pleased to report that they are quite tasty! Every my non-vegan boyfriend enjoyed them. The recipe made almost 3 dozen cookies and they are smaller that I thought they'd be. Still, I think the recipe is a keeper!

The recipe can be found here.

Let me know if you try it and what you think!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment