Friday, December 9, 2016

Root of Lancaster

This past Saturday, I went to a birthday gathering for a fellow vegan held at Root in Lancaster, PA. Root is a vegan restaurant and I just love going there!  I never have to ask if something is vegan because EVERYTHING is vegan.  Even better, the menu changes every 6 to 8 weeks or so.  That means there is always something new I can have practically every time I go there.

In the area of the country where I live, this is the only exclusively vegan restaurant I am aware of.  There are several places that have vegan and non-vegan dishes but this is unique.

I live about an hour away from this restaurant so I can't stop there too often but I've been there 3 times in all. The first time, they had a KFC bowl -with mashed potatoes, corn and seitan.  It was also "wing night" when we went that time so we got some seitan wings, as well.

The second time I was there, K had the taco mac and cheese and I had the gumbo. We split the stuffed mushroom caps.  K went along with me that time because it was my birthday.  We choose where to go out to eat for our birthdays.

This time they had the same menu so I got the stuffed shells with the spring roll appetizer.

I think I've liked EVERYTHING they serve there.  I've never had a bad experience.  Even better is that they give you a big portion of food.  K was filled when we ate there together and I always have left overs to take home. The bonus is that I can eat everything on the menu and that makes me so happy.

So, if you are vegan or vegetarian or just want a large portion of delicious food to eat, try Root in Lancaster.


No comments:

Post a Comment