Saturday, December 24, 2016

Hot & Sour Vegetable Soup with Tofu

A friend posted this recipe on Facebook and tagged me because it is vegan and she thought I would enjoy it.

I really haven't tried making many of this sort of soup in the past.  I generally stick to the basics: bean soup, vegetable soup, etc. I do eat them when I eat out, though, so I thought I would give it a go.

It is delicious!

I have a bit of a cold and that chili garlic sauce combined with the ginger cleared my head right up!

Yes. This soup is spicy but you can control how spicy when you make it. Just watch out for the chili garlic sauce.

I think I'll make it some day when I recover from my cold so I can taste it better!  I couldn't detect the green onion flavor at all when I tasted it so either it gets lost under all the stronger flavors or I just couldn't taste it with a stuffy nose.

Either way, I will defiantly make this soup again - though not for K.  He isn't sure what to make of tofu so I'll have to gradually introduce him to it, I believe.  I think my next tofu recipe will be one where I fry it crisp.  We'll see if that helps.

And here I am rambling on and I still haven't provided the link to the recipe.  It can be found at a blog called Budget Bytes and the direct link to the recipe is here.

Let me just say that Budget Bytes is one of my favorite recipe blogs!  Not all her stuff is vegan or can be made vegan but it all looks so good - and it isn't expensive to make any of it!  Check it out!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment