Friday, December 23, 2016

El Rodeo Restaurant

El Rodeo is a chain of restaurants in our area of Pennsylvania. K (my boyfriend) and I had been wanting to stop at the Harrisburg location to eat and finally found the time last weekend.

I had already looked online to see what on their menu I could eat and discovered they have a vegetarian menu.  I had been told that they are willing to remove the cheese and/or sour cream to make dishes vegan so I wasn't expecting an issue.

I chose the Vegetarian Chimichanga which was described on the menu as:

"Two soft or fried chimichangas with grilled onions, tomatoes,
green bell pepper, squash and zucchini. Topped with lettuce,
sour cream and guacamole. Served with rice."

I explained to our server that I'd like them fried and without the sour cream.  I then asked if there was any other dairy items in the dish and she gave me a weird look then told me there was cheese.  I wasn't expecting that as it wasn't listed. Good thing I asked.  I asked for no cheese as well.

K decided to get the Grande Dinner out of frustration, I believe.  He found the menu a bit intimidating with so many choices.

We were both happy with our meals.

I found out later that the rice might not be vegan as traditional Mexican rice is made with chicken broth and theirs might be. I did see on the menu that one can substitute black beans as a side so I think I'll go with that next time.

All in all, I enjoyed the visit and I think we will be back.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment