Monday, December 5, 2016

A Triscuit, A Tasket*

I love triscuits!   I like the fact that they are a whole-grain snack and I love all the different flavors.
This is my favorite flavor right now - Roasted Garlic

Now that I'm vegan, I had to try to find out which of these crackers I can eat!

Just like the potato chips I spoke about previously, the original Triscuits are obviously safe: Whole grain wheat, vegetable oil (soybean or canola oil), sea salt.

But there are so many different flavors and I wanted to know which ones I can indulge in!

I went to the Triscuit website but the contact us by email link gave me a blank page.  I see there is a phone number I can call or a snail mail address.  I think I'll try the phone number during their business hours.

In the meantime, I noticed that PETA has a list of vegan Triscuit flavors:

Balsamic Vinegar & Basil
Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil
Dill Sea Salt & Olive Oil
Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil
Garden Herb
Hint of Salt
Original
Reduced Fat
Roasted Garlic (Yum!)
Roasted Red Pepper & Red Bean
Rosemary & Olive Oil
Rye With Caraway Seeds
Sea Salt & Black Pepper</
Sweet Potato & Cinnamon Sugar
Sweet Potato & Roasted Onion
Wasabi & Soy Sauce

I think that is sufficient for now. I'm not sure when this list was compiled so there might be new flavors I can eat, as well.  I'll update if I get more information after I post this.
----------------------

*Yes, I know I misquoted the lyrics but it was either that or try to come up with something witty about crackers and I'm not going there.



No comments:

Post a Comment